Growing in learning, growing in character, growing community.


What should I do if my child is unwell?

Please telephone the school office and leave a message if your child will not be in school due to illness. We follow the Public Health England guidance: a child with a high temperature should not come to school, and a clear period of 48 hours should elapse before a child returns to school after vomiting or having diarrhoea. There are links below to the guidelines for a range of childhood illnesses.

If your child needs to take medicine during the school day, please follow the procedure below:

Label the medicine with your child's name.

Complete a form (available in the school office or by downloading below).

Give the medicine to a member of staff in School House so that it can be stored securely.

Make arrangements to collect the medicine at the end of the day.

At what age will my child start in primary school?

All children start Reception in September after their fourth birthday.

How do I find out about Ofsted inspection results for the Primary School in which I am interested?

The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED) is the Central Government Office which is responsible for carrying out inspections of all schools. OFSTED Reports can be obtained from the Internet at;

How do I apply for a school place?

Please view the school admission arrangements in the 'Admissions Section' of the school website. We follow the OCC Admissions Policy. Also visit

Is my child entitled to free school dinners?

Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:

Income Support

Income Based Jobseekers Allowance

Support under VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

Child Tax Credit - provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and annual income does not exceed £14,495

The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit

How will I know how my child is doing at school?

Parents evenings are held during every short term, please contact your child's teacher for an appointment. Teachers will also be speaking to parents on a more informal basis at frequent intervals. In the Summer Term every child will receive a written report of his/her year's work along with the results of any statutory assessments. Parents will be given the opportunity to discuss this report towards the end of the Summer term.

How should my child search for a lost property?

For general items, your child needs to first speak to the class teacher. Unclaimed items are kept in school for a short time. Please ensure all clothing's are marked with your child's full name and class.

A School Life Website
School Life app download
School Life app download